- July 17, 2017
- Comments: 0
- Posted by: Pilatos Hair Salon
Enjoying the sun has been a favorite pastime for people of all ages for many years. Today, it is still one of life’s free pleasures.
In the early 1920s, “Sun Therapy” became very popular and was prescribed as a cure for everything from simple fatigue to tuberculosis. Around the same time, French fashion designer Gabrielle “Coco” Chanel popularized the tan as a status symbol when she appeared at the fashion shows with a golden tan obtained while vacationing on the French Riviera.
In the mid-1940s, home tanning lamps gained popularity with health enthusiasts. And in the 1970s, the carefree youth culture demanded a year-round tan so they could appear to have just returned from vacation. This spawned the development of the indoor tanning bed (1975) and the growing popularity of sunless tanning lotions.
Today, with superior application methods and advanced ingredients, the use of sunless tanning products is at an all-time high and anyone can enjoy the appearance of a beautiful, healthy-looking tan-year-round.
Keep On Glowing
As summer fades, your tan doesn’t have to. One of the simplest and most effective ways to keep a beautiful tan looking fresh and radiant through the sunning season and beyond is to use products specifically designed to create and maintain a sun-kissed glow. Following are some simple sunless tanning tips from the experts at California Tan.
- Always Prepare Your Skin-For best results, prime skin with a gentle, oil-free exfoliating product to do away with rough, flaky, dry skin to create a smooth surface that will more evenly absorb sunless tanning ingredients. Exfoliating will also help color last longer and help the sunless tan fade away more evenly and naturally.
- Apply Self-Tanner Once a Week-To develop or maintain a healthy-looking glow, apply self-tanner over entire body in even, circular motions and always wash hands after application. Never apply self-tanner to palms of hands or soles of feet. Choose a product format that is best for your skin type-lotion for dryer skin, spray for oilier skin, or foam for combination skin. A product with a subtle tint allows for easy application as it “shows where it goes.”
- Keep Color Fresh and Skin Hydrated-To extend color and protect a tan from fading away, use a moisturizer containing subtle self-tanning, skin-enhancing bronzers. The combination of hydrating the skin and supplying it with the added bronzers will keep color going strong and skin smooth and radiant.
- Pay Extra Attention to Fast-Fading Zones-Certain body parts, like the face and legs, lose color due to excessive cleansing and/or shaving. Keep color longer by paying special attention to these areas with products designed to extend color longer with bronzing, anti-aging, sun care protection and moisturizing ingredients.